Here are my top ten most non-pretentious tips for visitors to Barcelona:
1. Bring your sunglasses.
2. There is more graffiti than Copeland College and Watson Shops combined.
3. Once you’re on the double-decker Barcelona Hop-on Hop-Off Tour Bus, never, ever hop off. The odds of hopping back on are insurmountable and hazardous to your mental health. Also notice the brightly coloured earphones thrown into every tree and rooftop along the route.
4. Take the cable car up Montjuic for stunning 360 degree views that would make any respectable pole dancer feel dizzy.
5. Look both ways a hundred times before crossing any roads.
6. Contrary to popular opinion, the rain falls in the cities too (refer “My Fair Lady” for further information).
7. You are not really in Latin America, it just sounds like it (ask John McCain or Dan Quayle).