1. Forget your sunglasses.
2. Be prepared clothing wise for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter… all in the one day.
3. If you see a tiny drop of rain and you are in a crowded area, run. Otherwise, prepare for a thousand umbrellas to burst open in your face, ready to stab you with their pointy eye level spikes, regardless as to whether such slight precipitation would cause the holder to get even slightly wet.
4. Not everything is half price, it only looks that way (damn that currency conversion).
5. Postcodes have letters in them, and may even give a clue to your whereabouts.
6. There are more Pret a Manger sandwich shops than all the grains of sand on all the beaches in Britain.
7. People are as polite as the stereotype suggests.
8. The Dragon’s Den is the best thing on telly (aside from Top Gear).
9. An OysterCard is not as dirty as it sounds, but is in fact very practical.
10. Proudly wearing a “Mind the Gap” t-shirt is perfectly acceptable behaviour.